Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 19, 2024

3 Sleeps til Surgery

We drove to Gundiah this morning where Best Cousin in the World and Marco Polo met us at the caravan park and we tag teamed Adoring Husband.

They took him to St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital where he was admitted before 1pm today.

By 4pm he had already been seen by three different doctors. 

The staff took AH’s medications from him (because they are now in control of issuing his meds) and were an hour late bringing it to him in the first instance. An hour is a bloody long time in Parkinson’s land, with all of his symptoms reaching a crescendo in that time.

You wonder why I don’t trust the medical profession!

A$$hole$

We came directly home and I played with Harley before crumbing the chicken for tonight’s dinner, making fresh coleslaw, making a DELICIOUS mushroom soup, a lemon meringue pie and a pineapple/orange/passionfruit smoothie.

I’ve watched the footy all afternoon.

BGWLBH drove me to do AH’s job at the shops AKA ‘cleaning the toilets’.

I prepared dinner early and I enjoyed my mushroom soup with toasted pine nuts. Yum.

Now it’s time for me to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: