Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 20, 2024

2 Sleeps til Surgery

Adoring Husband is exhausted from all the tests, the doctor visits and the MRI this afternoon.

He likes his surgeon - that’s always a good thing.

We had many phone calls today as AH is trying to navigate his way through all of the information while going solo.

He still needs this voice of reason to help keep him focused on the important stuff.

BGWLBH and I took the opportunity to go into The Bay to top up the pantry and fridge and Harley food before the big S Day on Wednesday. Wednesday is our usual shopping day but I want to be home awaiting the good news call after surgery.

We were home around 2pm and unpacked all our goodies, played with Harley, watched my quiz shows, cooked the leftover crumbed chicken for BGWLBH while I savoured another of my mushroom soups - orgasmically delicious!!

I left my phone out by the pool after playing with Harley and missed a very important call from Lady Lynn. It was great to hear her voice on voicemail and to hear her good wishes just the same. Hopefully we’ll get to talk soon.

I watched a great movie on Netflix this afternoon/evening called “How to Please a Woman”. An Australian movie that I really enjoyed.

Now I’m buggered so it’s time to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: