Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Days and Days

Monday was a big day in The Bay for all of us.

Adoring Husband has physio on his shoulder very early on Monday mornings and he usually takes the opportunity to visit Bunnings and run his list of errands while he’s in the bay.

BGWLBH and I had lists of our own, so we left here at about 10am and crossed paths with AH as he arrived here in town when we were leaving.

It was AH’s turn to cook so we enjoyed home made hamburgers for dinner.

On Tuesday, due to illness, The Gypsy cancelled meditation and hoop qi gong, so I got to spend extra time  in bed, which I was very happy about.

I had three hours sitting in my retro area just looking out at the world. One hour was spent on my phone. 

I was watching the different honey eaters taking turns clinging to the flowering spike of the grass tree and taking the nectar from the flowers.

The big palm tree across the road was blowing in the strong wind and the sound of the massive fronds swishing together was very calming and relaxing.

We have a couple of biggish lizards living in our front garden and they were scuttling across the driveway, probably trying to avoid the birds!

There were ducks flying overhead as they left the lagoon across the road.

Harley was lying at my feet and very interested in all the activity with his nose twitching, his ears up and his tail wagging.

It really was a pleasant couple of hours.

My turn to cook this time so I did sweet potato and potato French fries, meatless shish kabobs and honey soy chicken thighs.

Today was another day in The Bay. Did a little Christmas shopping, groceries and junk food.

Not long after we arrived home, the air con serviceman pulled in to service our ducted air conditioner and the split system in the art room.

Last summer was a doozy and our air conditioner, which is 16 yrs old, was overworked and is now in damage control. Much of the workings in the ceiling need replacing so we’ll be getting a quote for that next week.

More expense 🫤

Tonight was AH’s turn to cook and he had a go at spaghetti carbonara (not from a packet!) serving it with salad. The spaghetti was a little over cooked but otherwise it was bloody delicious. He’s a good cook.

I am now very tired and tomorrow AH and I will be celebrating our own special Valentine’s Day (we don’t do February) at Ricardo’s in The Bay. I plan on ordering the lobster! So I’d best get some sleep.









Nite all.

No comments: