Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Hoop Dance

WHO sneaky business 

For a Sunday - I started by cooking bacon and eggs for BGWLBH, playing with Harley and getting ready for hoop qi gong practice.

The Gypsy picked me up at 10am and we drove to Traviston Park to practice.

Gale force conditions prevailed so it was difficult to keep our balance and difficult to control the hoop, but we persisted for almost an hour.

We sat for 2.5 hours to chat - par for the course.

By the time I got home, I was starving, so I made a roast pork, tomato (from the garden) and onion toasted sandwich with a cup of tea.

I watched the Women’s NRL Grand Final.

I watched Taskmaster.

I cooked ‘barbecue honey soy chicken’ and served it with the salads that BGWLBH had prepared the previous night for ‘fend for yourself’ dinner.

We watched the NRL grand final - after the first 30 minutes, I was not invested and spent more time in Facebook on my device than actually watching the game. Neither team was of interest to me.

I felt that the umpiring was biased and I disagreed with many of the calls. The team that Sydney based NRL wanted to win … won. Just my opinion.

I watched Bill Bailey’s Pub Walks before coming to bed.

Now I’m watching Spicks n Specks from my bed.

This is what I’ll fall asleep to the sound of.






Nite all.

No comments: