Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 5, 2024

Marketing Fun

We started at the Howard Markets this morning.

We got there at 7.30am and it was already warm and already very busy! There were cars everywhere but we were lucky to catch a rock star carpark right at the front.

I nabbed myself a lovely little hand made cross body bag, a tall drinking cup with a blue tooth music attachment, some snacks for Harley, fresh eggs and a 3kg bucket of raw honey. Instead of coffee, I bought a small cup of coconut ice cream with crushed pineapple and toasted coconut on tip. Delicious!

We dropped all of our goodies at home, changed our tops and drove into The Bay for breakfast.

I found a nice pair of 3/4 length jeggings in one of the boutiques. Big W got a visit, as did Rivers, Choice, butcher, Coles and Su Jus. For a Saturday morning, it was not very busy in town.

It was a glorious day so people were probably out and about doing family stuff at the beaches or something.

By the time we got home, I was exhausted!

I unpacked our goodies, played with Harley, made my lunch/dinner at 4pm and watched 2 movies.

“The Accident Man Hitman’s Holiday” very gruesome, violent, gross and blood thirsty. “The Adam Project” which I’ve seen before but I love it.

I’m in bed now watching “Speed”.

Time to sleep. I’m buggered.


Nite all.

No comments: