Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Our Valentines

Twenty one years ago, on 30th June, Adoring Husband and I met online, in a MSN (Microsoft Network) over 40s chat room.

Eleven weeks later, after chatting online every day, sending long emails and making quite a few long phone calls, we decided to meet face to face for the first time.

We decided to meet on 15th September at Central Station in Sydney, under the main clock. I don’t remember the time we decided upon.

Anyway, approximately 10 years ago, we decided that we didn’t like the commercial aspects of Valentine’s Day - the fact that roses increased in price, you had to book a long time in advance to eat at a restaurant, the added costs of stuffed toys, chocolates, valentine cards, twilight river cruises and other special events, we decided to have our own personal valentines date that was NOT 14th February.

Our Valentine’s Day is 15th September - the anniversary of our first face to face meeting under the clock.

Almost every year, AH forgets, but this year we BOTH forgot, which is why we decided to have a valentines lunch date today!

We had our first visit to Ricardo’s Italian Restaurant where we each ordered lobster mornay …


My eyes may have been bigger than my belly …


Not so for AH!

It was delicious and I channeled my inner child by ordering a lime spider as my drink of choice.




The food was amazing, the service super friendly and efficient, the atmosphere very warm and inviting and the prices the best in town.

It was a lovely lunch date as we watched the wild and woolly weather from our window seat.

I desperately tried to purchase some new clothes, but none of the clothing boutiques in that area had anything that I liked. I tried on a few things in the dressing rooms, but none of them thrilled me.

Bugger.

I got some home made lemon grass soap in an op shop, some fig infused balsamic vinegar from a new boutique deli, fresh fruit and veg, bulk meat from the butcher and fresh bread from the baker.

A good day all round.



Nite all.

No comments: