Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Not a Lot

Monday was a non event.

I spent quite some time in the kitchen making vegetable fritters and a four cheese spinach tart. This was a bonus for Adoring Husband because it meant that he didn’t have to cook. Instead, he made a simple garden salad to serve with the tart.

I napped in the afternoon.

Tuesday was meditation and hoop qi gong.

Afterwards, I drove into The Bay with The Gypsy and met up with BGWLBH.

I had a few things on my list and needed meat for dinner. I decided on lasagne and was lucky enough to nab the last pack of lamb mince from the Pialba butcher.

We were home by 2pm and I rested for an hour before playing with Harley and then preparing dinner.

We played trivia and watched some YouTube TV.

This guy is great to watch … almost Steve Irwin-ish …

Surviving on Shark Island

So that was our viewing pleasure until bed time.

Now I lay me down to sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: