Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Intolerable

I am a big sports fan.

I find pleasure in watching most sports:

  • Tennis
  • Football in all forms except American football
  • Cricket
  • Golf
  • Darts
  • Surfing
  • Lawn Bowls
  • Ten Pin Bowling
  • Swimming
  • Diving
  • Gymnastics
  • Squash
  • Badminton
  • Table Tennis
  • Volleyball
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Hockey (including ice)
However, there are two sports that I find intolerable.

They are Boxing and Car racing.

It was only fitting that BGWLBH and I should leave the house for the day so that Adoring Husband could enjoy the Bathurst race.

Ugh 😩 

We drove into The Bay and after visiting a couple of our favourite shops, we decided that the RSL would be a good way to pass a couple of hours.

I played the pokies and KENO and still came home with the same money that I walked in with! An afternoon well spent.

I am now lying in bed listening to heavy rain on the roof and the BOM shows absolutely nothing. According to the satellite picture, the sky is completely clear.

Never trust the BOM.

My afternoon was spent playing with Harley and cooking dinner. Honey Soy Sesame chicken with Fried Rice was requested and it took 90 minutes from start to service.

Now I’m definitely ready for a good sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: