Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Wedding

On a happier note than of late, today, our local hairdresser got hitched at the bush chapel on the beach!

For weeks, this wedding has been the talk of the town and the locals have been abuzz with anticipation.

Finally, the big day arrived!  There were about 80 guests and about 20 uninvited, but welcome, locals in attendance.

I wasn't invited to the wedding, but last week I asked 'Little Miss Fabulous' if I could take my camera to the chapel and try to get some good wedding shots during and after the ceremony.

She was very agreeable to my suggestion, so today, I packed all my gear in the trike basket and headed off to the other end of town, with Aussie H to accompany me!

The same Celebrant who married Adoring Husband and I, was setting up at the chapel.  She looked at me, pointed and said "The Lions Park!" (which is where we were married).  I thought that was very nice that she recognised me, considering that she is booked to do weddings every weekend for a year in advance.

She said "What a great wedding!  So relaxed and happy and fun.  I'll never forget it."

I have to agree.  Our wedding was the best wedding I've ever attended!

Anyway, here are a couple of shots from today's wedding.  There were two other official photographers and another with a video camera, so my space was very limited.

I had to cut shots tight to avoid photographing the other photographers.  Mostly, I had to hover in the background and try to squeeze a shot in, here and there, or try from strange angles to keep out of the way.

A smile from the bride through her tears of joy.

Number one bridesmaid.

Number two bridesmaid.

The wedding party with the tall trees in the background.
I did quite enjoy it, and I think I would like to do a wedding and have photographic control over the event.  It would be nice to put people in the right position and the challenge of making a nervous bride smile, would be pretty cool.

Her boys walked her down the aisle.

How nervous does she look?

The groom seemed so relaxed and happy.

I knew he would get a smile out of her!


The happy couple through the crowd.
This practise has shown me what to look out for, what NOT to do next time, different angles to look for and background stuff to avoid.

Signing the register.

The theme was black and white.

The flowers and her head piece were to die for.

Very overcast and very windy, made it difficult with some shots.
It was a lovely wedding.  The bride was very emotional from the minute she arrived in the car, so it was difficult to get smiling photos between the tears.

It's all over ... time to celebrate!

The obedient wedding party.

A mostly happy group shot.
Anyway that's a few of my shots.  Hopefully, I will have a couple of shots that the other photographers don't have and can share them with the bride and groom when they return from their honeymoon.

Tomorrow we head off to Rockhampton for a much sadder occasion.

Nite all.

No comments: