At 9am, after a solid 7 hours of sleep, I accepted BGWLBH’s invitation into the Bay.
Her mission was to purchase a new phone charging cord.
My mission was to refresh my lotto tickets and find some chicken breasts at the butcher.
Fresh roadworks have commenced on the main drag into the Bay and traffic lights have been set up, so we were stopped for 10-15 minutes at a red light, extending the length of our trip by two thirds!
We decided that Office Works was the place for cords … and we all know what a dangerous place that is for me … but I’m proud to announce that I controlled my spending and only bought 2 rolls of mentos.
No journals.
Our next stop was the newsagent at Pialba. The queue there was eight people long with only one person on the till.
I am constantly surprised at how many tickets people buy for all the lottos. Aren’t we supposed to be right in the middle of a cost of living crisis? Yet people are paying high prices for concert tickets, theatre tickets, sporting events, restaurant meals etc etc etc.
I can’t see any penny pinching going on. I just hear mainstream media telling me how tough it is out there and that we should hold on tight to our pennies.
Suffice to say, it took quite some time for these people to check their multiple tickets and replay them. A couple of people had a dozen tickets to check.
My butcher let me down and didn’t have the chicken breasts that I so desired. Instead, I found some lamb shanks to test my new slow cooker. They also had chicken, mushroom and garlic sausages that I desperately wanted to try, so I got 8 of them.
The last stop was the Jam Jar for our juices.
Another long ride home because of roadworks, but as soon as I arrived home and had my Harley cuddles, I cooked up a couple of the chicken sausages for a late lunch.
They were bloody delicious!
For dinner, I made salmon and potato patties with pickled tomato, cucumber and red onion, wombok salad and grated carrot/cheese.
Also delicious.
Tomorrow I have morning tea with my art girls, followed by a zoom meeting with The Gypsy, so it’s time to sleep.
Nite all.





No comments:
Post a Comment