Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 7, 2026

Friday Fun

A day in the Bay.

We started at Arkarra Tea Gardens for breakfast.

BGWLBH had bacon and eggs with a pot of English Breakfast tea.

I had a pot of Peppermint tea.

Breakfast was shared with a friendly magpie.

I was dropped off at Office Works to purchase some fabric glue while BGWLBH drove to her workplace to correct an error that she’d made the day before.

Having extra time in the store led me to buy two journals, some paper flowers and some letter stencils. What should have been a $28 purchase ended up being $103! Self control where are you?

It took us a while to find a car space at Pialba Square. I’m not sure that I’ve seen it that busy before and there was nothing unusual going on in the area.

We strolled through the ladies boutique, but found nothing we liked. The local art and craft store had nothing new on display. We did a run through BigW and left there empty handed.

In Choice, I found a lovely rose gold frame to mount the beautiful poem that The Gypsy wrote for me when I helped her after the surgery …

It’s a beautiful poem from the heart and I was very touched by such a gesture.

I also found some bamboo cotton buds and a few other bits and pieces. A quick visit to the chemist for BGWLBH while she ordered the juices.

The traffic was crazy when we left and a lot of drivers were taking stupid chances causing us a lot of stress! With various road closures due to installation of traffic lights and other nonsense, the traffic on smaller streets is chaotic and drivers are impatient.

We also left at school pickup time so that didn’t help and we drove through two different school zones. There are roadworks on our way home with red light wait times, so the drove home just seemed to go on forever.

I got changed and took Harley out to play while BGWLBH made herself some Bruschetta for her dinner.

I made honey king prawns with eggy rice for myself.


It was delicious!

Adoring Husband made chicken Tom Yum Goong soup with sourdough toast. No photo.

Two games of football tonight and my tips are better tonight than last night!

It’s almost 10pm and I’m feeling pretty weary so it’s time to curl up under the covers.


Nite all.

No comments: