Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Up and Improving

After dozing on and off all day yesterday, I slept poorly last night.

At 2am I was watching the movie “Some Kind of Wonderful” which was great because I LOVE that movie!

I had set my alarm for 7.30am because I didn’t want to sleep half the day away and spoil my chances of sleeping properly tonight.

A shower woke me up and I felt much refreshed.

Yesterday’s illness was gone and I was feeling better, so when BGWLBH invited me into the Bay, I accepted with a positive attitude.

I forgot to make a list so I forgot a few things that I needed to get, like ear buds, material patches and fabric glue.

I’ll look online.

Tonight I made honey/soy chicken with eggy rice for BGWLBH. Chicken, vegetable and noodle soup with Tom Yum Goong base for Adoring Husband.

I stole a tiny bit of both for my dinner because my only sustenance for the day was a green juice this afternoon.

When I purchased the juice, I grabbed two GF white chocolate and macadamia cookies, which I scoffed for dessert! Both of them!

Today, Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour celebrated 20 years together! In this day and age, that’s a pretty good milestone. Congratulations to you both.

Now I’m watching The Traitors from my bed.

It’s been a decent day.




Nite all.

No comments: