Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Ack Ugh and Blah

I slept well again last night. Seven solid hours.

When I left for meditation this morning, I was feeling fine, but within ten minutes of sitting down in class, I began to feel very woozy and lethargic.

I did not engage during the class and surprisingly, it was noticed by everyone!

I received lots of hugs at the end of the class and The Gypsy and I decided to not catch up after class because she had hurt her neck and also wasn’t feeling the best.

I rode directly home and went directly to bed.

While watching YouTube videos of ‘Diary of a CEO’ and ‘Mayim Bialik’ I dozed on and off. I drank lots of filtered water, changed into my pyjamas and remained in bed all day.

Adoring Husband served my lunch in bed and then a bowl of fresh crab meat for dinner.

He even cooked dinner for himself and BGWLBH so that I didn’t have to get out of bed.

Tonight I’m still not feeling 100% but I am much improved.

Now I will sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: