Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 6, 2026

Short Solitary Day

Four hours of solitude.

BGWLBH left for work at 8am

I woke up at 9.30am!! That means I slept for almost ten hours!

Adoring Husband left for golf at 10.30am.

I had a 2 hour zoom meeting with The Gypsy at 10.35am.

At 12.30pm I sat down with my lunch of toasted sourdough with homegrown tomato on one piece and turkey breast on the other. I watched a Netflix movie and then an in interview on Diary of a CEO with a gut health doctor on YouTube.

BGWLBH arrived home at 2pm.

Easy tacos for dinner.

The day passed quickly.

This morning, I decided to delete the time wasting apps from my devices. The World Series of Poker Texas Hold’em, Solitaire and Mahjong.

I’ve wasted too many hours on those games - especially first thing in the morning and last thing at night - the worst times of the day for hurting my circadian rhythm and my all round health.

Time for a new morning and evening routine.

With that, I’m signing off and shutting down my devices for the evening.






Nite all.

No comments: