Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 17, 2014

I Need a Nap

As you know, I didn't go to bed until after 1am (1.30am) this morning and then two of the psychotic dogs woke me at 5.40am because they needed to go outside.

I tried to get back to sleep for another couple of hours but I dozed on and off for about an hour and finally, I got up, because Adoring Husband was in some kind of hurry to go out for a ride.

So we rode to the Seat of Knowledge and then had morning coffee together (he actually had tea) at my usual morning haunt.

Afterwards, I came home and finally organised my beef and vegetable broth.

I took the meat, fat and marrow from the bones to make a rich delicious stew for AH's lunch and added some broth, garlic, cherry tomatoes from the garden, onion, cauliflower, chilli powder, cumin, home made tomato sauce, lemon juice, Himalayan salt and cracked pepper.

AH gobbled down a large bowl of it for his lunch and seemed to enjoy it very much. There are leftovers for tomorrow which I might offer him for breakfast since he has a big day organised tomorrow with the SES.

The rest of the broth filled seven chinese containers for the freezer.

Next, I made a big curried sausage dish, which will be heated up for our dinner tonight when we return home from the club. It already tastes delicious, but I can't wait til all those delicious flavours infuse .. by tonight it will knock our socks off!

Adoring Husband spent the morning potting some new herbs in my herb wall with fresh soil, some water retention balls and some cover for the soil. All of the herbs from the original plantings died, because the soil dried up and we couldn't keep the water up to them.

Hopefully this will do the trick and we will have better luck.

He is now preparing for a big SES day tomorrow. It's storm season and the SES is helping to bring awareness of how to be storm ready around the home, including having an emergency container at home which stores enough non perishable food for the family and pets for 3 days in an emergency.

There is a list of things, for example, a torch with charged batteries, portable battery chargers for your mobile phones, usb sticks or some kind of storage for important documents like identification, stocks/shares info, insurance details etc etc.

ANYWAY ... I'm not going to list everything here, but the SES will be in Hervey Bay at Bunnings, tomorrow (Saturday 18th October), giving a demonstration and providing all the information that you need to be storm ready.

So we've both been pretty busy today and are looking forward to a beverage with friends this evening.

The third movie in The Truth About Cancer series is here ...



It's time for me to go make myself presentable for public viewing.

Nite all.

No comments: