Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Day of Ms

It was another day off work for me and it started with Meditation, which, as always, I enjoyed.

Meditation.

Straight after meditation, I asked The Gypsy if I could take her first appointment for the day and I spent an hour on the table enjoying a Zen Shiatzu Massage.

Massage.

It certainly slowed me down for the day because it took me 90 minutes to get ready for the lady's lunch and that didn't even include a shower! I was totally Zenned out!

I can't think of a word that begins with the letter 'M' that describes the lady's lunch!

How about Midday Meal!! There were about 18 of us gathered at the pub for lunch. I ordered Lamb Loin Chop with salad and GF gravy. 'Something' wasn't GF because I spent a good portion of time in the bathroom after I got home.

However, I had a good time with the girls and it was my first lady's lunch for a few months. I'm glad I got to attend this one.

Midday Meal.

Adoring Husband spent the entire day at home waiting for the repair guy to arrive to fix our oven. We've only been waiting for about five weeks for this 'part' to turn up from overseas and it was terribly nice of the guy to turn up at 6.15pm to take over our kitchen - right on dinner time!

$380 later!!

Mad.

At the original service call, he told us that it wouldn't cost too much. His idea of 'too much' and my idea of 'too much' are completely different 'too muches' obviously.

Much.

Now I'm off to bed because I am BACK AT WORK TOMORROW!! WAHOO!!

Makes me happy.

Nite all.


No comments: