Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

One Fine Day

Tuesday morning coffee with the girls sounded pretty good from where I was standing.

My attention was taken by non paying customers so, sadly, I had precious little time with my friends this morning.

After they departed, things really picked up and sales were above average for the day.

Luckily I had completed the lesson for today’s journaling group because I had no time in the day for the usual finishing touches.

Finally, one of the deliveries turned up, though it wasn’t the one I was expecting, and this meant a good part of my day was checking, pricing and displaying essential oils, room sprays, body lotions, mini diffusers and incense sticks.

I sold out of Himalayan salt pipes so I need to order more tomorrow!

The cleaner turned up at 2pm and spent the hour removing everything from the centre table, cleaning it and dusting each and every item before replacing it. I can’t remember the last time that table was completely cleaned like that!

The ladies also arrived at 2pm for the journaling class and we all shared our memories and laughed and focused on our writing. There were seven pages of questions to prompt and trigger and awaken our memory banks. We all agreed that our discussions over some of the questions really brought back some great memories.

Adoring Husband helped me fold up the tables so that I could set the room for meditation in the morning.

Some of the ladies from meditation have decided to form their own little craft group so my training room will be put to good use on Wednesdays.

Curried chicken for dinner tonight which included onion, mushroom, cauliflower, snow peas and spinach for extra nutritional value.

It’s almost 10:30pm and I’m all snuggled in bed wearing my new super soft pyjamas and ready for an early night.


Nite all.

No comments: