Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 19, 2026

Sleep Relieved

Last night, I slept soundly for about ten hours.

I still remained in bed until 10am and even though the weather was blowing a gale, Harley got to play for over half an hour.

Fresh tomato from the garden on toasted sourdough was my decision for breakfast while Adoring Husband drove down to purchase a small, lactose free latte for me.

My plan was to do some much needed washing, but the gale force winds put me off, so instead, I sat down to watch a replay of last nights golf! I already knew the results of the days play, but it was good to watch without worrying about lack of sleep and how it might affect my mood the next day!

The footy started at 2pm and Manly disappointed everyone by losing to the Titans. The Dolphins pleased everyone by defeating the Cowboys. I am still coming 2nd to my sister in the footy tipping by 4pts. Ugh.

Dinner was easy - Spaghetti Sunday, but I used my last container of bolognese sauce out of the freezer, so my mission this week is to make up another big batch and perhaps do a lasagne at the same time.

Right now, I’m watching the golf but will very soon snuggle under the covers for another (hopefully) sound night of sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: