Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Yay for NRL 2011

Anybody who knows me, knows that I LOVE NRL footy.  I love it so much, I incorporated references to football in our wedding vows!

This weekend marks the beginning of the 2011 NRL season and I am sitting here in front of the television watching the end of the Roosters v Rabbitohs game.

I am a huge Broncos fan.  Unfortunately they lost against the Cowboys tonight, so I am disappointed.  I am also disappointed because the Rabbitohs lost against the Roosters!

I'm in the footy tipping competition at the local pub and these results makes me nil from two.  Not a good start to the year!  Ugh!

Adoring Husband is an avid Cronulla Sharks supporter, so we attended most of the their home games when we lived in Sydney because the stadium was about ten minutes from home.  It's one of the few things that we miss by living here in our little pocket of paradise.

My favourite form of the game is State of Origin football.  When it's QLD (Cane Toads) v NSW (Cockroaches).  Adoring Husband is a NSW supporter because he was born and bred down that way.  I barrack for QLD because I was born here.  There is a very healthy rivalry in our house from May thru to July every year because that's when these games are played.

We fly the flags on the outside of the house, on the car and on my trike.  Game night, we dress up in the all the attire and go to the pub to watch the game.  We bag each other out the whole time.

Luckily for me, QLD has been on a winning streak for the last few years, so I have had bragging rights and make the most of it at every opportunity!

So from now until September, I will be spending most weekends in front of the plasma big screen watching my beloved footy and driving the Psychotic Dogs mad when they can't figure out why I am jumping up and down off my couch and screaming at the television.

Yay for the 2011 NRL footy season!!  I am so excited that it's finally here!

PS  A few days ago I mentioned that one of the Lovely Layers had to visit the vet ... for those of you who care, she is fine!  She didn't even get stressed by her drive in the car or being prodded by the vet because she hasn't stopped laying even for a day!

No comments: