Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day Thirteen - Me, with 13 things.

Day Thirteen - Me, with 13 things.



Not what you expected?  Many thanks to the Lovely Laying Chooks for my props :o)

My walk along the beach this morning only produced one shot - a Pied Oystercatcher.



I've seen these guys around here before, but not often.  He spent the whole time running away from me, so it was tricky business trying to get a clear shot.

The Bee Eaters were next on my hit list.


This looks to be a young one because he has a shorter tail and beak and the colours in the feathers aren't as dark as the adult's.

Finally, in a last ditch effort, I visited Cheelii Lagoon, but nature wasn't forthcoming there either.  Some beautiful lilies in full bloom, but I really liked the simplicity of this shot.


If only there had been a single gold fish swimming between the stems.

We have a busy day tomorrow.

Adoring Husband has an early Drs appointment, to which I will accompany him.

Then I have a hair appointment, to which he won't accompany me.

We have Christmas drinks with friends in the late afternoon.

So I'd best get some sleep before I turn into a pumpkin again.

Nite all.  

No comments: