Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Good news. Bad news.

The Bad News:

A quick trip to the gallery in Maryborough this morning to check that my odd-sized photos fit into the frames provided, turned into a 'sick feeling in the pitt of your stomach' kind of morning.

The gallery lost my booking for the frames and have now promised at least half of them to somebody who has an exhibit in one of the upstairs galleries.

I guestimate that I will be about 20 - 30 frames short of what I need, but the artist was still to get back to them with numbers.

The gallery staff have kindly contacted the Hervey Bay gallery to see if they have any to spare for the month, but we won't know the outcome of that until tomorrow.

**sigh**

So I am sending positive energy into the universe.

I am skipping and dancing with flowers in my hair and a smile on my face and wishing for all good things to happen during the next 24 hours.

There are huge storms brewing all around me and they are going to blow and wash all the bad energy away and bring happiness and sunshine my way.

Thinking happy thoughts.

The Good News:

On the good side ... I am very happy with the way my final 9 photos printed, especially the three I selected for the large size, and especially the musical instrument shot that I shared here a couple of days ago .. AND .. I got them printed at half price!

What I expected to be about $120 turned out to be $67.  Bonus!!

I hope that tomorrow will be ALL good news.  So watch this space and I will keep you posted.

Nite all

No comments: