Extra info about Covid vaccine
I slept well last night. Two solid 4 hour blocks only separated by the need to pee!
It was meditation day and unfortunately (for The Gypsy) but fortunately (for we, the mini class), there were only two of us in attendance. It was fantastic and our discussions were deep and full of epiphanies. The last two classes have been over and above the usual amazingness and I have gained a lot from them.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get to spend time with The Gypsy to discuss further because I was committed elsewhere.
I hopped on my trike, did a small grocery shop, picked up the mail and rushed home with 5 minutes to spare before the live streaming of The Motivator’s Mum’s funeral.
Dear Sexie Lexie passed away from dementia at the ripe old age of 84. We became close pre-dementia and even played pokies together, but the last time I saw her, she didn’t know me.
Pre-dementia, I found Lexie to be warm, generous, kind, welcoming, hilarious and sharp as a tack. She warmly welcomed me into a family gathering and fed me as an Italian Mama (just as she was described in her eulogy) would. She did everything to make me feel comfortable.
Her demeanour did not change even with dementia. She was still warm and welcoming with a huge smile on her dial.
Hearing her story today, straight from the mouth of a grieving The Motivator, had me weeping at her unbelievable strength and resilience. For all of her struggles through life, she did not hold any bitterness or resentment. She was simply filled with love and gratitude for all that she had … her family in particular.
Thanks to The Motivator, today we all got to know Sexie Lexie just a little bit better and because of that we love her a little bit more.
RIP Sexie Lexie.
I remained in my bedroom for the rest of the afternoon. I just needed quiet alone time.
I got up at 4.30pm to make fried rice and stir fried vegetables for dinner.
7.30pm bedtime for both Adoring Husband and myself AND Harley.
Now I’m ready for sleep.
Nite all.






No comments:
Post a Comment