Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 31, 2026

Golf to Tennis

I’ve been awake since 3am because I set my alarm to watch the final round of the FedEx cup.

Scheffler proved exactly why he is number one in the world and truly deserved the win.

I was hoping for better performances from Adam Scott, Min Woo Lee and Rory McIlroy.

I switched it straight over to the tennis before the golfing celebrations began.

At first I was disappointed that I wouldn’t get to see Djokovic play because they were televising the Australians playing. They announced that we could only watch the Djokovic game on Stan Sport and I cancelled my subscription to Stan Sport last year.

At the beginning of his match, it started to rain and the outer court matches were cancelled! Because he was playing on the Arthur Ash arena, which has a roof, they switched the telecast to his match!

I was so happy.

Until, early in the match, Djokovic began to fade, and he struggled through the entire five setter. I’ve never seen him so bad and while he had a slight recovery in the 2nd and 3rd sets, he just couldn’t get to the end.

There are no players remaining in the draw that I would sacrifice my sleep to watch play, but the time difference between New York and Australia means that play continues until after lunch here, so I may get to watch some good matches anyway.

Tonight’s dinner was crumbed chicken, wombok salad, garden salad and boiled potatoes with sour cream.

I also read a book today …

It was a quick, but interesting and insightful read.

Now I’m going to sleep because tomorrow is both the first day of spring and meditation day.






Nite all.

No comments: