Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Sleep or Sports?

I left the tv on so that if I woke up during the night, I could catch up with the golf results, so this meant that my sleep was broken and interrupted.

Yes. Self inflicted.

I woke up properly at 6am and watched it til the last hole was played.

At 9am, I took Harley out to play and requested a coffee from Adoring Husband so he went for a drive and returned with our Sunday morning caffeine injection.

I made myself a prawn omelette for breakfast, which was delicious, but a couple of hours later, my belly objected strongly. My body simply doesn’t like eggs and it’s about time I accepted that fact.

My first choice for the day was to watch a Netflix movie called “Unsung Hero” which was based on a true story about the singer Rebecca St James and her family. It was a decent movie. A bit slow to get going, but a nice ending.

Most of the afternoon was spent in bed watching the football and nursing my sore belly.

I made a huge batch of spaghetti bolognese sauce to feed the team tonight and to freeze for a future five nights.

I watched The Voice tonight and I’m ready to sleep because I want to wake up at 3am to watch the final round of the golf.

Also, the US Open tennis starts tonight, but the only match that I’m keen to watch on day one is Djokovic and it starts at 9am, so that’s handy.






Nite all.

No comments: