Sleeping was easier for me last night, although my solid sleep was only 5 hours.
My alarm sounded at 6am and I snoozed it until 6.30am, which gave me 45 minutes to get ready for my trip into the bay for the Urangan Pier markets.
We stepped outside under a suspended umbrella of smelly, choking smoke. So we were pleased to be heading into the bay, away from it!
Nope. This was the view of the Bay as we got closer …
It took us 40 minutes to arrive at the Jam Jar cafe, but it wasn’t open yet, so BGWLBH purchased her morning coffee at the nearby bakery, and we sat at their outdoor table until she left for her nail salon appointment.
I wandered through BigW and bought 2 lipsticks and a mascara.
Because we were planning on buying our fruit and veg at the markets, I found a cool little granny trolley for just $23 in BigW.
From there I carried my goodies across the road to the other shopping centre where I updated my lotto tickets. I was feeling pretty peckish by then but couldn’t find any breakfast food nearby so I returned to the Jam Jar cafe and selected a toasted chicken, avocado and onion sandwich with a green day juice.
Before I’d finished my food, BGWLBH returned with her new nails, which looked fabulous.
We drove to the Daymen St bakery and got two loaves of sourdough bread then straight to the markets from there.
Unfortunately, there were no fruit and veg stalls, but lots of other great stalls.
I bought two singlet tops, three bracelets, 6 GF donuts and a pearl ring.
There was more that I would have liked, especially in the clothing, but I restrained myself. I sat for a while listening to the fantastic live music on offer though and thoroughly enjoyed it.
By that time, the breeze had picked up and blown away all the smoke, so it turned into yet another perfect winters day and view across the calm blue ocean was beautiful (but I didn’t get a pic to prove it).
We then did a Coles shop, Choice and the butcher and drove to Eli Waters to Farm Gate for those elusive fruit and veg.
I met a lady from Perth who was waiting patiently for her husband who was talking “shop” with the Farm Gate owner. Their lives were spent owning and operating a number of fruit and veg shops in Perth and they have now retired.
I think the fresh seafood place has closed down. That would be sad.
Tomorrow is coffee with the art girls, so it’s time to sleep.
Nite all.





No comments:
Post a Comment