A solid 8 hours sleep last night. Gotta love that.
Coffee with the art girls was postponed until next week.
I woke at 7.30am but didn’t get out of bed until after 9am and took Harley straight outside to play for 30 minutes.
Adoring Husband was ready for golf and came out to join us. BGWLBH was working today and had left early.
When we’d finished playing and I’d watered my vegetables, I remembered that I had 1kg of diced beef in the fridge so I decided to do a type of stew in small casserole dishes with a pastry topper.
Onion, tomato, garlic, thyme, broth and diced beef.
I tossed the beef in seasoned corn flour, browned it in olive oil and set it aside, fried the onion with garlic and thyme, added the diced tomato (fresh from the garden), added 1cup of chicken broth and then added the beef. A very low simmer on the stove for 2 hours. It was a bit salty so I added some more stock and a tablespoon of brown sugar which took the edge off.
I spooned the mixture into single serve casserole dishes and covered them with GF puff pastry, pierced holes in the top, brushed with milk and sprinkled with sesame seeds. Cooked in a hot oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
I then did stir fried vegetables. Beans, snow peas, broccolini, carrot sticks, onion and mushrooms fried in garlic butter and right at the end, drizzled with a little honey and added quarter of a cup of water. Served with a scatter of crumbled goats cheese and toasted pine nuts.
The plates were bare at the end of the meal.
While the beef was simmering I watched the Netflix movie “Song Sung Blue” with Hugh Jackman and Kate Hudson. I didn’t realise that it was based on a true story! It was full of both shocking and very sad moments. I enjoyed it very much and thought that Hugh and Kate did a great job. I recommend it.
After that movie, I watched “A Walk in the Woods” with Robert Redford, Nick Nolte and Emma Thompson. Great movie with some big names scattered in there.
AH had a great day at golf.
BGWLBH had a quiet sales day, but a big people day needing a nap this afternoon.
Harley enjoyed an afternoon play around the pool.
I picked 6 ripe Roma tomatoes from the garden.
Did a little tidying up.
The golf FedEx Cup starts at midnight tonight but I’m not sure if I can stay awake to watch it. Perhaps I can sleep early and wake up later to check it out.
I’m watching the Panthers vs Roosters NRL game on telly and the Roosters are winning 8-0. If the Roosters win, I will only be 2 points behind my sister in the footy tipping. Sneaking up from the rear! Fingers crossed.
Time to snuggle under the covers.
Nite all.





No comments:
Post a Comment