Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 10, 2026

This Week has Started

I slept well last night. 7.5 hours interrupted only by Harley jumping out of his bed and onto my bed at 6.20am. He licked my face, then curled up and went to sleep beside me.

An unplanned day in the Bay.

Breakfast at Arkarra Tea Gardens again.

A long visit to Spotlight. I needed to find some extra material for patch working my jeans and I thought Spotlight would solve the issue.

It didn’t.

There’s just too much to choose from and it took me forever just to choose from one small selection! I didn’t even look at the big rolls of material! I would like a couple more hours.

Only looking at blues and pinks …

… and they go pretty well with the stuff I’ve already cut and set aside. 

Then I went in search of batteries for our bathroom scales. They are never with regular batteries and today I found them in a chemist on a wall with a bunch of other unusually sized and shaped batteries.

I weighed myself this afternoon and I have gained 1.5kgs, which is not a bad thing for me. I am 55.2kgs and I’m pretty happy at that weight.

I’d like to tone up my saggy baggy bits though. That would require a commitment to regular movement and that’s a struggle for me. 

We arrived home around 3pm and I got changed, hung out my washing, took Harley out to play and then organised dinner. 

Leftover lasagne for Adoring Husband. Chicken schnitzel with wombok salad, garden salad and buttery potatoes for BGWLBH. Chicken nuggets for me.

I’m very tired this evening and I need to get up early for meditation tomorrow.





Nite all.

No comments: