Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Start Stop Procrastinate

BGWLBH invited me into the Bay today, but after being awake for half the night watching the golf, I decided that my energy levels weren’t high enough for a Bay day, so I declined her offer.

After putting it off for weeks, for fear of stuffing it up, I finally made a start on the patch working on my jeans.

However, I DID get distracted part way through and repaired two bracelets, THEN started searching through old shop stock for nothing in particular lol, so I didn’t get much done on the jeans at all. At least I made a start! 



I think the result will be quite different to my original sketch, but there will be some similarities too.

At least I was a little more productive than usual.

Harley got four plays today.

Fend for yourself dinner was prawn laksa soup for me. Leftover tomato soup for the others.

I washed a lounge coverlet and hung it out.

That was all pretty good considering I only slept a few hours! More golf tonight, so I’ll see how I go.

Football has been on all afternoon and evening. My footy tips have been abysmal, but so have everybody else’s, so my standing is still 2nd place and just 2 points behind my sister. Third place is 10 points behind me, so I have some breathing room.

Tomorrow’s plan is to reorganise my wardrobe and tidy my dressing table … it’s getting a bit out of hand. After that, if I have the energy, I’ll do some more patch working.






Nite all.

No comments: