It has been around ten years since I attended the Craignish Golf Club.
I used to play golf there, sometimes with Adoring Husband, sometimes with Woman of Many Talents and I’ve eaten at the restaurant a couple of times with the Burrum Babes.
Adoring Husband dropped me off at JJJ’s house in Raintree Acres at 10.40am.
JJJ and I chatted for 30 minutes before climbing into Billy …
and driving for 15 minutes to the golf club.
Ten years ago, the club was old, tired and dated. I really thought that when the RSL Club bought the premises a few years ago, they would have freshened it up a bit. New paint, new carpet, new dining furniture … but no … it is still the same tired old premises as always.
Old peeling laminated tables. Uncomfortable plastic red chairs. Dirty stained carpet. Yellowing paint on the walls and ragged old curtains covering the windows.
Disappointing.
All five of us arrived by 11.40am and we all bought drinks and had a quick browse of the menu before making our way to the opposite side of the club where we had to queue up to order and pay for our meals.
Let me mention that the queue was 32 people long when we tacked onto the end of it!
There was a $15 lunch menu but nothing was GF. There were two meals that could become GF but it meant losing some items from the plate and replacing a couple with things I didn’t like.
I decided instead to choose from the regular lunch menu, “Garlic Prawns” - king prawns served in a creamy garlic sauce with rice and steamed vegetables which cost $32.90 for non members.
It was DELICIOUS and the vegetables were cooked to perfection. Well worth the money.
The other girls loved their ‘fish and chips’, ‘Chicken Teriyaki Salad’ and 2 x ‘Pulled Beef Toasted Sandwiches’.
The acoustics were not great in our section of the restaurant and a table of 25 people were quite loud.
Our table was right beside the door to the ladies toilet.
The service was very friendly and the food was great.
We stayed for three hours, so we were obviously happy and comfortable!
The day was absolutely perfect for riding in Billy and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed our day. Lots of laughs, lots of news, lots of gossip, no alcohol, great food and fabulous company.
I took meat patties out of the freezer and for dinner served up all the bits to make hamburgers.
Easy peasy.
No dinner for me.
I’m in bed watching an horrendous game of football between Cowboys and Roosters. Cowboys are being annihilated by the Roosters at the end of the first half by 48-6. Of course I tipped Cowboys! Ugh.
Time to sleep.
Nite all.




No comments:
Post a Comment