Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Weekend Warrior

After two great nights of sound sleep on Wednesday and Thursday, sleep eluded me on Friday night.

It was 1.30am when I fell asleep but I woke four times dreaming of running a stall at the markets. Once selling various oils, once selling pancakes, once selling egg based tarts and pies and once selling potted plants! My alarm sounded at 5.30am so I was knackered before my day even began.

BGWLBH and I left for the drive to Howard at 7am so we arrived at the markets around 7.20am and found a “rock star car park” right out the front.

It had been raining throughout the night, so the weather must have scared some of the stall holders off. They had predicted 300 stalls because the new organisers have attracted a lot of new AND old faces, but there were a lot of marked spaces very empty.

There weren’t many new/different stalls so it only took us 45 minutes to walk through and make our purchases. 

I got 2 x handmade soaps, 1 x doterra ice rub, 1 mulberry jam, one lime butter, bag of avocados, bag of tomatoes, spring onions, sugar snap peas, snow peas, oranges and mandarins.

We brought our goodies home, then drove into the Bay where we ordered breakfast at the Boat Club - another disappointing meal. It took 45 minutes for the stone cold bacon and eggs to arrive, in which time the pot of tea went cold.

I ordered a red velvet cupcake which was stale and the cream on top had almost ‘turned’. It was served with fake cream from a spray can and some very watery, bland ice cream. (I know! Not a healthy breakfast!) My coffee tasted like sugary milk.

I felt unwell all day after that.

We stopped at Urangan fisheries where I got two bags of frozen crab meat (won’t buy frozen again) and some fresh whiting fillets.

We drove to the Boutique Bakery and bought two loaves of their house sourdough bread.

The traffic through the Bay was pretty congested for some reason so it took us quite a while to get from one side of the bay to the other and we were home by 1pm.

I wanted to change out of my good clothes but I just had to lie down and that’s where I stayed. I napped throughout the afternoon and tried to make myself some crab on toast for dinner but my body wouldn’t allow it, so AH was kind enough to make it and serve it to me in bed.

I’ve been watching the football from bed but I’m feeling very weary, so I think I’ll be sleeping very soon.

Tomorrow I think I’ll spend mostly in bed to rest my digestion and my old body.



Nite all.

No comments: