Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 16, 2015

Day Twelve of Fifteen (maybe less)

Vegan Chickie has arrived safe n sound in Melbourne where she will spend tonight and will be home some time tomorrow. I have already shed a tear or two with relief. I can't wait to hug her hello.

Chicklet had swimming lessons this morning and I took my camera ...


It's difficult to tell here, but apparently, swimming is her favourite thing!!


She really does love it and her teacher is fabulous with her and with the other kids for that matter. I have more photos but I don't want to use up all the credit on my Telstra travel data stick, so I'll wait til I get home to edit the rest.

After swimming, I was dropped off at Tewantin shopping centre, for a day on my own. I was only going to spend the morning out, but I really needed it to do something to make the time go quicker .. knowing that Vegan Chickie was on her way to Melbourne .. I needed to do something away from the house and Chicklet, to get my mind off the craziness that I've created within it.

So I was grateful that the Bare-chested Chef had the day off work so that I could remove myself and partake in some retail therapy to partially heal my damaged soul.

I think it's safe to say that I now have a complete new Summer wardrobe and I won't need to spend any money on clothes for a while! There are some nice little boutiques in Tewantin and Noosaville, most of which are reasonably priced and the people are very friendly in this area too.

Delicious coffee at Zabe Espresso Bar. Very bohemian with free wifi and it's an internet cafe with ipads for public use, comfortable lounges in the back area, magazines and newspapers strewn about and it's obviously 'the' place to go, because there was a queue of people standing out the front waiting for their orders.

I sat in the park to drink my morning coffee and watched the birds .. so many birds! Two parent Butcher birds fighting off Magpies while they took turns feeding their young, Mynah birds building nests by pulling long vines and then streaking across the sky with them, a Kookaburra feeding it's young nested in a hole in a large tree on a main road and a baby Magpie getting a feed from the workers who were creating a new children's park nearby.

Of course I didn't have my camera with me to capture any of that.

At the end of my day, I missed two buses .. I don't even know if they were my buses. They had the right number on them, but apparently there are two buses with the same number that go to different locations. I eventually decided to catch a taxi. Today's taxi cost me $16.30 from Tewantin. The other day I caught the taxi from Civic and it cost me $14.80. Not much difference really.

Chicklet was just waking from a nap when I arrived home. Apparently she'd had a meltdown at the library, so was pretty spent from that. We spent the afternoon playing with the new dinosaurs that I bought her (just a little pack of 8 plastic dinosaurs) and creating some more masterpieces with some new stickers.

I bathed her and Dadu read her bed time stories.

I can't believe that it's already 10.30pm as I type this. I guess time will go at normal speed now that Vegan Chickie has her feet firmly on Aussie ground!

I think it's time to sleep .. hopefully peacefully.

Nite all.

No comments: