Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Romancing it

What a big day!

I listened to an instructional audio book before I left my bed this morning. It was called "Buy Buttons. The Fast-Track Strategy to Make Extra Money and Start a Business in Your Spare Time"

I didn't get much out of it, because it was written by an American and talked more about resources available in USA and UK. He did mention Australia once or twice, but the information wasn't relevant to me.

Don't get me wrong, it provided some interesting information and I did take a couple of notes, so I'll see if I can apply any of it to my business.

Then I had to select an outfit to wear to our lady's luncheon!

I washed and blow dried my hair, made my face presentable and was ready with time to spare before my lift arrived.

We got stuck behind a tree lopping, wood chipping truck that was towing a wood chipper trailer. It did not drive faster than 80kph at any point during the trip to The Bay. The traffic was such that we never had the opportunity to overtake it, so the drive, which usually takes about 35 minutes took us 45 minutes.

It almost caused WWIII in the car while half of us dared the driver to overtake at risky points and the other half of us demanded that she keep us safe and alive!

Anyway, as you can tell, we made it! Safe and alive!


Thirteen of us enjoyed delicious meals (Except for one person .. and no it wasn't Reality TV Queen! She didn't attend today) and the range of GF options at AquaVue has improved considerably! I got to select salt and pepper calamari, which I've never been able to order before and it was very nice!

This will, once again, become my favourite place to eat in The Bay.

Before we left The Bay, we stopped at Dr Dan's so that I could stock up on my Margarita ingredients for the party tomorrow.

We stopped at the Bowls Club for a quick play of the pokies and then drove to Reality TV Queen's house to have goodbye drinks because she is heading off on a 6 week holiday!

The Blonde Bombshell (AKA YipYip) provided delicious South Australian oysters with lemon and caviar. I haven't had oysters for about 15 years because I had what I thought was an allergic reaction. It was around the same time that I developed allergies to sea perch and sea scallops, so I assumed that the allergy extended to oysters!

Well, I'm happy to say that six hours later, there has been no reaction!! I can eat oysters again!!  

*happy dance*

The Facebook page for my website is still doing very nicely, but I won't be able to do much with it tomorrow, with a big day ahead of me. I'm hosting a La Reve party and the ladies will be coming early to go through a huge stack of clothes, shoes, handbags and jewellery that I'm getting rid of.

I have to prepare Margaritas and some nibblies too.

So I'd best get some sleep. I think I'll get to bed before midnight for a change!

Nite all.  

No comments: