Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 28, 2017

Food Glorious Food

Against my better judgement, I chose to spend the day in The Bay with The Motivator.

It was a foodie's dream.

We started at the Asian grocery store where I stocked up on fish sauce, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, coconut vinegar, coconut milk, tapioca and other assorted bits and pieces.

We then swooped on Go Natural and filled the shopping basket with hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, blanched almond flour, coconut aminos, some fresh pestos, raw cacao powder and lots of fresh fruit and veg.

The new Aldi store was next in line and what a pleasant shopping experience that was! So clean and fresh and so few shoppers! It was quiet and there was lots of space and some amazing products to choose from, like grass fed meats, fresh fruit and veg, maple syrup at a very reasonable price, more coconut milk, organic raw cacao powder at half the price of the one I got at Go Natural and lots of other lovely deliciousness.

The staff member at the checkout was very friendly, polite and helpful too.

We decided, before heading home, to go to Kauangan Bakery where a news story last night described the gluten free products that they bake every week. Unfortunately, they only had two GF products in the store because they bake on Wednesday and had sold out quickly because of the news story.

I bought a custard tart, which was lovely, and a pear and raspberry loaf - O - M - G!!! I would like to buy a dozen of them and sit down to a massive pig out!

We took a price list of GF items and were advised to phone in an order on Tuesdays to guarantee receipt. Apparently they sell out very quickly! Understandable, if everything tastes as good as that pear and raspberry loaf!

I had a lucky night at the club tonight and it was good to see everyone. Our table had no luck in the raffles and we were home in time to watch the second footy match .. not that it was very successful for me. I have only got 2 out of 3 correct so far this week.

It's moving towards midnight, so I'm off to bed. I've been up since 3am because I stupidly decided to drink a coffee at 7pm last night and the caffeine kicked in at about midnight. I slept restlessly until 3 am when my body decided to be wide awake.

Ugh.

I have art class tomorrow, so I need to rest.

Nite all.

No comments: