Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Hit The Wall

I sit here on the couch watching the footy at 8pm and I cannot stop yawning.

I think I've hit the wall and I should go to bed before I get my second wind!

Adoring Husband woke me this morning from a a very deep sleep where I was dreaming - I can't remember now what I was dreaming about and when I went back to sleep, the dream didn't continue .. because I couldn't return to that sound sleep. I hate that.

My first job this morning was to ride to the supermarket to grab a few items for my party today, so I bought a coffee and spent fifteen minutes with the boys at the Seat of Knowledge. It has become a regular car park with three of them now in mobility carts.

I came home and cleared an area of the back bedroom so that I could put all of the clothes, shoes, handbags and jewellery that I'm clearing in there, and still provide enough room for the girls to try them on.

 I prepared some food. A couple of cheese platters, a fruit platter and two different flavours of marinated chicken wings.

Adoring Husband returned home in a loan car after he had dropped our car in at The Bay for repairs, so he cleaned the floor and the loo for me while I made up a couple of jugs of Margaritas and set out the tea and coffee area and tidied up the kitchen.

Much was achieved in the morning and I was dressed and ready to greet my guests as they arrived from 1pm onwards.

Maid Marian was the first to arrive and was able to take her pick of the goods available. Even though I had told the girls to come early to look at the clothes before the party, none of the others arrived until right on 2pm which is when the party should have started.

I believe the party started at about 3pm, which was ok because almost everybody knew all about Le Reve anyway. Stephanie didn't have to explain too much and everybody knew what they wanted to order.

This meant that the girls were all in the back room trying on clothes by 4pm, giggling and shrieking and falling over each other and pretending that it was a Boxing Day sale in Myers. They made a good dent in my stash and what remains will be taken to St Vinnies or another charity organisation in the next few days.

On my way to the shops this morning, I came across this very beautiful, but very dead python in the gutter. So sad :(


Well, 8.30pm and I'm heading to bed.

Thanks for listening.

Nite all.

No comments: