Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Cool Bananas

I'm pretty happy that after less then 48 hours, I had more than 100 people 'like' and 'follow' the Romance Your Life Facebook page!

How exciting!

So I celebrated by announcing a competition where somebody can win a 2017 My Shining Year Workbook and Diary Planner.




I'll announce a winner on 9th May.

If you have a Facebook account and you're interested in entering the competition, go here to find out the details.

This has contributed to me having a really good day, which all started with the usual Tuesday coffee morning with the girls. There were only four of us and The Blonde Bombshell (AKA YipYip) talked a LOT. Even though I teased her incessantly, coffee mornings really have not been the same without her and we've missed her while she has been travelling. Don't tell her I said that though :)

It was 11am by the time I returned home and I prepared an early lunch and headed off to my workspace.

I was trying to figure out how to adjust my website so that it could be viewed on a mobile phone without the words in the headings overlapping each other. I KNEW that I KNEW how to do it, but my memory failed me.

I searched Youtube and couldn't find any familiar information and my frustration was welling, when I received a phone call from my friend 'Woman of Many Talents' asking me to go visit and help her make a decision about the colour of a kitchen tile.

So I took the opportunity to rest my brain and went for a trike ride to visit her. I was halfway to her house when I had an epiphany!!! I remembered everything!! I knew what I had to do to fix the site!

I had a lovely time catching up with WOMT and we chose the perfect tile for her kitchen.

I came home and fixed 95% of the site, but there is still part of it to which the rules that I remembered do not apply, so I still have to figure that part out yet.

Late this afternoon my FB page reached 100 likes and I worked on the competition details.

So, my day has been more than satisfactory and I'm looking forward to the lady's luncheon tomorrow!

Time for bed.

Nite all.



No comments: