Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

EMB

EMB = Emotional Monkey Business

If this doesn't bring a tear to your eye, you have no heart!



I didn't even wake up until 8.30 this morning! Well, actually, I woke up a few times before 8.30, but closed my eyes and drifted back into that lovely lazy blissful sleep. It was a very pleasant way to ease into the day.

So I missed seeing the boys, but I still rode down to order my usual morning coffee and got some food to cook so that we had healthy munchy stuff while we watched the football this afternoon.

When I got home, I created the most delicious breakfast I've tasted for some time! I chopped up some banana into nice sized chunks, mixed coconut oil, coconut sugar, salt and chilli powder together in a cast iron frypan and threw the banana chunks into it. Cooked over a high heat until it caramelised.

In another pan, I cooked the bacon. I chopped 4 small pieces of haloumi cheese and fried it in the bacon fat til it browned and then I dry roasted some pine nuts.

Threw it all on a plate, drizzled some maple syrup over the top of everything and sprinkled the pine nuts over the top.

I'm drooling just remembering how delicious it was. I'm making more tomorrow morning!


I had a couple of hours with The Motivator this afternoon, which was fun. I only meant to be there for an hour, but when I looked at my watch, two hours had passed! I'm going back tomorrow to pick up my crab order. YUM.

Happy to say that I have four out of five of my footy tips correct so far.

I had until midnight tonight to create a photo for the April flickr challenge, so threw this together about an hour ago. The theme is 'Abstract'. This is not a bad effort for a 90 minute deadline, but the other submissions are amazing, so once again, I am making up the numbers.


Now I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: