Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Anniversary Number Six

Adoring Husband and I spent a lovely day together, celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary. He brought me coffee so that I could enjoy a leisurely morning in bed, followed by two enjoyable hours at Arkarra Lagoon over lunch, then we drove into The Bay and shopped at Pandanus, before heading to the Boat Club for a quick 30 or 40 minutes of unsuccessful gambling.

We drove home and he dropped me off at 'Woman of Many Talents' house, where she and I spent over two hours catching up on all our news.

Later, I watched the Cronulla Sharks beat Penrith Panthers in the only NRL game played today and we had curried sausages for dinner - nice and easy out of the freezer and reheated.

So the weekend was fantastic, with all the celebrating of the birthdays and the anniversaries!




Now I'm off to bed. I was thinking of having an early night, but I've just looked at the clock and it's already 10.45pm. Ah well, I guess it's better than midnight!

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Happy wedding anniversary Roz and Barry! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉