Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Being a Woman

"And the beauty of a woman, with passing years, only grows." - Audrey Hepburn

Feminism (noun) - the belief that all people are entitled to the same civil rights and liberties and can be intellectual equals regardless of gender.

Some women who should be celebrated and better known than they are ...




Roslyn Sussman Yalow won the Nobel Prize for her development of RIA (radioimmunoassay)
a technique that is used to measure small quantities of liquid in human blood.


Barbara McClintock, the first woman to win an 'unshared' Nobel Prize in Physiology,
for her theory in transposition - the idea that certain genes turn on or off 
physical characteristics.





About International Women's Day

My day of empowerment included riding to the Seat of Knowledge, buying coffee, visiting a friend for morning tea, watching a movie, watching the football, cooking dinner and thoroughly enjoying every minute of it!

Now, I'm off to bed for another good night's sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: