Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Giggle a Day

These gave me a good belly laugh. I hope they shoot some happy endorphins through your face and brain!



Whisper Challenge 1

Whisper Challenge 2

Whisper Challenge 3

Whisper Challenge 4

When I rode to get my coffee this morning, I took some old scratchies to be checked by their scanner and discovered that we had won $18, so I bought $18 worth of new scratchies and won absolutely zip! Ah well.

I spent some quality time with The Motivator this morning, which was most enjoyable. She and her fiance, 'The Mighty Fisherman', gave me four crabs for my birthday!! What a lovely surprise!! I came home and spent 40 minutes removing all the meat from the crabs, then sat down and took 10 minutes to eat it all! Delicious :)

BEFORE I sat down to eat my crab meat, I whipped up a batch of Adoring Husband's favourites, the apple and walnut muffins. I made a dozen and I believe there are only three or four left! Lucky they are healthy!

I'm looking forward to lunch with the ladies tomorrow, but I haven't heard from my lift yet, so it may be touch and go!

Finally today, I have this link that some of you may find exciting!!

How to Magically Remove Soap Scum Without Scrubbing.

Nite all.


No comments: