Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Cookfest Again

On Friday night I had a lovely 2 hour phone call with Bubbles for her birthday. We had lots of laughs and because we only talk on birthdays and Christmas, I thoroughly enjoyed the call. There is always lots to catch up on.

I declined an invitation from BGWLBH to accompany her into the Bay on Friday.

Instead, after Harley play, I showered, washed my hair, made myself presentable and I went for a ride on my trike.

My plan was to drop a birthday card into The Motivator and to catch up with another friend. I very briefly caught up with that friend, did NOT see The Motivator, but did run into two other friends.

One of them lost his wife (also my friend) a week ago and understandably, he is looking much the worse for wear. I spent a good quantity of time with him and he had plenty to get off his chest.

The other friend has recently had some surgery to remove a grapefruit sized cyst from her abdomen and she is looking very well for the experience, so that was pleasing.

I was pretty tired after two hours out and about and was happy to make a snack and rest in my room for a while.

I don’t even recall what I made for dinner.

Today (Saturday) after Harley play, I headed straight for the kitchen for another marathon effort to fill the freezer.

I made:

  • 6 x Red Chicken Curry meals
  • 5 x Spag Bol Sauces
  • 1 x Lasagne Sauce
  • 10 x Crumbed Chicken
  • 1 x Zucchini Slice
  • 8 x Hamburger Patties
I was going to bake a raspberry vanilla cake, but after five hours in the kitchen, I was well and truly done.

For ‘fend for yourself’ dinner, I made myself a schnitzel and vanilla thick shake. What a combination eh!?

Earlier, I’d had a small piece of zucchini slice as well.

I was very happy to sit down in front of the footy and promptly fall asleep. I might be getting too old for kitchen marathons.

While I cooked, I watched a three part series of Mayim Bialik interviewing Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe from Friends) on her YouTube channel. It was interesting and funny and eye opening!

Adoring Husband spent the day at a free training session about emergency first aid which he enjoyed.

I’m now in bed watching the last football game of the night between Cowboys and my beloved Broncos. Thirty minutes in and Cowboys are winning 6-4.

I doubt it will be long before I’m asleep.






Nite all.

No comments: