Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Cutting and Sewing

I did not fall asleep until 5am 😩

My body couldn’t relax. I had nothing on my mind. I just lay in the dark, wide awake and wondering why!

I put the golf on a couple of times, with the volume off and set the timer for one hour each time.

Finally, just after 5, I drifted into a light sleep and stirred many times until 9.30am when I decided to give up and rise.

I played with Harley for 30 minutes, put on a load of washing, got the lasagne sauce out of the freezer, gathered all the clothing that I’m cutting up for patchwork, cut out flowers, stars, strips, a unicorn and hand sewed one strip of material which will eventually act as a sun ray on one leg of my jeans.

It took a long time to pin and hand sew. I think I’m being way too particular!

I made a prawn salad for my lunch. 7 cooked prawns, shredded lettuce, 1 small avocado cubed, 1 small tomato chunky diced, 1 spring onion chopped, half a pear diced, fresh coriander and a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts. I made a dressing of coconut yoghurt, splash of ACV, teaspoon of mango and pineapple jam, splash of maple syrup, salt and a sprinkle of poppy seeds.

If I could order that in a restaurant, I’d choose it every time. Bloody delicious!

Adoring Husband and I watched a documentary on Woodstock (I only saw parts of it), followed by two games of football.

I made the lasagne with a salad for dinner.

We watched the first Block room reveal.

Now it’s already 11pm and I’m hoping that I will easily fall asleep very soon.





Nite all.

No comments: