This is my original tomato sauce recipe …
A mixture of Roma, cherry and grosse lisse tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, chilli, maple syrup, black pepper, sea salt, 2 cubes of goats cheese, 1/4 cup of lentils, 1cup chicken stock, enough water to cover everything in the saucepan, 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
Chop everything (except goats cheese which goes in later) roughly and put in a large saucepan. Bring to a low simmer, turn down to 2 and simmer for an hour. Use tongs to lift out the tomato skins which should have separated from the tomatoes during the hour. Wait for it to cool and put it in a blender with the two cubes of goats cheese and blend until smooth and creamy.
Adoring Husband cooked some lamb chops on the barbecue, chopped them up, put them in a bowl and poured tomato soup over the top.
BGWLBH had hers in a bowl and dunked chunks of sourdough bread into it.
I cooked some king prawns and put them into a bowl of tomato soup with a small handful of coriander. OMG to die for!
I didn’t take one photo of any of our meals!
After Harley play this morning, I did some rebounding for just 5 minutes. I’ll build it it up over time, but five minutes is hard work the first time round!
I put the soup on and then made myself some sourdough toast with beautiful fresh ripe juicy slices of tomato and a cup of soursop tea.
I watched two movies. “Tortilla Soup” with Hector Elizondo which I enjoyed very much. “The Man From UNCLE” with Henry Cavill which was better than I expected. I was a fan of the original series so I had low expectations for the movie.
Harley got to play this afternoon.
Now we’re watching the football. I was happy that the Roosters won last night! The Dolphins are currently beating Manly, which for me, is a good thing. Everybody in our tipping comp has picked the Dolphins so the result will have no effect on the leader board.
The FedEx golf was interesting on the first day, with the number 2, Rory McIlroy finishing in 68th position which is second last! He has some work to do in the next three days to lift himself into the top 50.
Needless to say, because of the golf, I had broken sleep. I will have broken sleep again tonight and all weekend.
Tomorrow, I plan on getting some of the patch working done on my jeans.
Today would have been my Dad’s 86th birthday. He’s been gone 29 years. I can’t believe it’s been that long.
Nite all.





No comments:
Post a Comment