Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Seven Years!

Happy anniversary to us! Seven years today and going strong.

We both wished we could do something more romantic and adventurous together today, but without transport, we decided to make it a foodie day and also do romantic things like walk hand in hand along the beach. We like to make our anniversaries special and just be together.

So it all started with breakfast in bed ... and if you know me, I don't eat breakfast haha. I have coffee, which is exactly what Adoring Husband provided for me while I lay back in bed and enjoyed a slow start to the day.

It was nice to sit and watch as people logged into Facebook and saw my post about the new website. The encouraging comments and watching the numbers climb as people joined my Facebook page was quite exciting!

Adoring Husband gave me a lovely card in which he had written beautiful sentiments, as he always does on our special occasions. When I find the card that I bought for him 2 months ago, which I've hidden in a very safe place, I will present it to him hehehe.

I did spend some time in my office this morning.

We prepared a delicious smoked salmon salad with a home made dressing and a big container of fruit slices to take down to the park, where we were married seven years ago. We drank iced water, so no alcoholic toasts were made.


After lunch, on this very dull day, we decided to drive to the beach, kick off our footwear, and walk as far out along the sand as we could. It was low tide and our tide goes out for kilometres ... so far that you can't even see the water!

I attempted to take a panorama photo with my phone camera and just as I mastered it, Adoring Husband decided to be a fool and bounce around in front of me. This is the result!


He appears 'armless' lol

Here is the next attempt ...


We walked until Adoring Husband's legs hurt and then returned to the car. It was a competition to see whether the big black cloud or us would reach the car first!


Very dark and gloomy and threatening, but we won the race.

I had arranged to buy some sand crabs from The Motivator this afternoon to have for our anniversary dinner, so we picked up six sand crabs, which I spent almost an hour removing the meat from and made avocado and crab toast with the leftover salad from lunch. They were still warm, having just been cooked by The Fisher King. They couldn't have been any fresher!

It was a delicious dinner which we enjoyed very much. We've had a lovely day together. Happy Anniversary to us :)

Anyway, I forgot to show you my birthday gifts to myself yesterday! Here are all the gifts that I received - except for my jewellery organiser that Bubbles sent me (I will show you that tomorrow) -


The 'Clean Eating' recipe book and the Bambi and Thumper ornament were my gifts to myself. I've been very spoilt by my friends this year and I'm feeling the love.

This is the card that I gave myself.



I can't even explain the wonderful feeling that enveloped me when I opened the card on my birthday and read it out loud to myself. Who knew that something so simple could bring such warm happiness?

Anyway, it's time to be kind to myself and get to bed! It's way past midnight!

Nite all.

No comments: