Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Drum Roll Please!!!!!!!!!

The psychotic dogs woke me up this morning at 4.10am for a toilet break.

I couldn't get back to sleep, so I made my way to the other end of the house where my website awaited further construction.

I discovered that sometimes it takes me a long time to use common sense, but it dawned on me where I needed to go to get the information that would fix my glitches. What an epiphany!!

This sent the adrenalin pumping through my veins and I was so excited about the possibility of completing the task today, that I cancelled all of my birthday plans, sent Adoring Husband off to SES duties and planted myself firmly in my desk chair, pyjamas and all, for eleven hours of solid website work.

I received a phone call around lunch time from The Speckled Hen inviting  me for birthday drinks at the Bowls Club with a couple of other girls. She gave me the time of 3.30pm and I figured that would take me to eleven hours of solid work and I should definitely have a break by then!

At 3.10pm, I reluctantly changed out of my pyjamas (gosh I can't even remember the last time I stayed in my pyjamas all day. In fact, I don't think I ever have!) into presentable attire for the club and the girls picked me up right on 3.30pm.

Two vodka and tonics later and after lots of laughing and nonsense, they dropped me home at 5pm. They were heading off to one of their houses for more drinks, but I wanted to get dinner done and return to my website.

So it took another three hours, and there are still a couple of problems to sort out. It's by no means perfect, BUT, it's presentable enough to show the world and I will iron out the problems as I go, because IF NOT NOW, WHEN?????

SO!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

I present to you Romance Your Life with Roz

Let the games begin!

Nite all.

No comments: