Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

101 Things I Want to Photograph in 1001 Days

Now that my thirty day challenge is complete, Vegan Chickie gave me a suggestion to consider.

There is a challenge called the 'Day Zero Project' where you set yourself 101 tasks to complete in 1001 days.  A bucket list, if you will.  There is a website dedicated to it.

http://dayzeroproject.com/about/

So Vegan Chickie suggested that I set myself a photography challenge of 101 things that I want to photograph in 1001 days.

I think it's a fabulous idea!  The hardest part will be thinking of 101 things to photograph!  I have sixty on a list already, but I really struggled with the last 20 and I might need some help with the final 40 ... so if anybody out there has any ideas ... feel free to toss them my way!

The Canadians left this morning.

Ken (with the beard) and Larry (in blue)
They were headed to Bundaberg to take a tour of the Bundaberg Rum Distillery and then possibly head to Townsville.

Same post, different day ... could be the same bird.
The Bee-eaters were back.

It's going to be a hot day tomorrow, so I hope to leave the house early to get some photos, before I go to the Seat of Knowledge and then pedal home before the heat sets in for the day.

It'll be a good day to do the washing.

Nite all.

No comments: