Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Summer is here.

I headed off earlier than usual this morning, because the weather forecast was for a hot day, and I wanted to get home before the heat  

The lagoon was calling my name and I was hoping to catch the early morning happenings of the local birdlife.

I got a nice shot of a blue faced dove, just before the midges began eating me alive, so I high-tailed it out of there as fast as my legs could pedal!

Blue faced dove (Adoring Husband told me the real name, but I forgot it)
Even the Seat of Knowledge didn't hold my attention for long, but it seems that the hot weather has scared off all the interesting birdlife around town.

Pretty butterflies fluttering and dancing.
This one looked like a mating ritual!
I did find three beautiful butterflies fluttering about.  It was unusual to see three together and their colours were also unusual.

Red dragonfly at the nature reserve.
Finally, as I triked my way around the nature reserve, I came across some dragonflies.   I haven't seen these red ones around here before.

Adoring Husband and I have been working our way through series one - seven of 'Grey's Anatomy' on dvd.  After that, we have the complete boxed set of 'ER' to watch!  Talk about couch potatoes!

I'm still working on my 101 list too.

Now that Summer is well and truly here, I am going to have to change my routine I think.  It's too hot for pedalling after 9am.  Perhaps late afternoon outings will work for a while.

Nite all.

No comments: