Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day Twenty-nine - Black and White

Day Twenty-nine  -  Black and White


Today, G'Gma sent me a link to this short video, which I played over and over because I loved it so much.

It brought tears to my eyes, firstly, because I have always loved this song and secondly, because I have such a soft spot for all things in nature.

http://www.flixxy.com/wonderful-world-david-attenborough.htm

Also, who doesn't love and respect the great David Attenborough??

Thank you G'Gma for sharing that with me, so that I can share it with everyone else who cares.

I had no luck with the camera today.  Nature seemed to have taken a holiday.

I say that because I did not see one Rainbow Bee-eater bird anywhere today!  Very unusual because there are three spots around town where I have been guaranteed a sighting for the last three months.

The Tawny Frogmouths had disappeared again.   No Honey Eaters fluttering about.  There was a Whistling Kite, but he was so high in the tree that even my 400mm lens couldn't get a clear shot.

I think I will take the 500mm lens tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

It's tennis season in Australia right now.  The Hopman Cup is being played in Perth, Western Australia.  The Brisbane International is in (obviously) Brisbane.  The APIA International starts in Sydney on 8th Janurary.  There is one each in Adelaide and Hobart too I think and then the Australian Open begins in two weeks, on 16th January in Melbourne.

It's my favourite time of the year.  Cricket and Tennis and then when both of those sports finish up, the NRL season begins!!  Yay!!

Enough for now.

Nite all.  

No comments: