Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Day Twenty-eight - Flowers

Day Twenty-eight  -  Flowers

A grevillea flower from the Botanical Gardens
It had been more than a week since we saw Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet, so today, we drove into The Bay to have coffee and catch up.

I think Chicklet thought she was supposed to dance on the table!
Adoring Husband amused Chicklet while I drank my coffee.

We had about an hour enjoying their company.  They are going to Melbourne for a few days, so I had to get my Chicklet 'fix' before they left.

After we parted company with them, Adoring Husband asked where I wanted to go and I told him that I wanted to take photos somewhere.

He drove us to River Heads where we had lunch at a little place with lovely tree-lined water views.

A man walking his dog along the river bank.
A Butcher Bird and it's baby joined us for lunch.

A little piece of prawn cutlet for lunch.
We followed lunch with a drive through the new housing estates with river views.  We looked at the houses and gardens and the view that each enjoyed.

They were quite nice, but none of them made us want to move there!

We drove back to The Bay and did a little shopping before driving home, plonking ourselves on the couch and spending the afternoon watching 'The Big Bang Theory'.   It makes me laugh!!

Tomorrow is morning tea with the girls.  I always look forward to that :D

Only two more days of my photography challenge.  I've enjoyed it so much, I might need to find a new challenge for 2012!

Nite all.

No comments: