Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day Eleven of Fifteen

First of all I would like to thank the friends and family who have called, texted and sent private messages over the last 48 hours to comfort and console me during this stressful time. I have appreciated your moral support, although at times you have triggered tears that I wasn't expecting!

Today has been the longest day in the history of mankind and the universe ... and that is not an exaggeration!

I woke this morning to find a text from Vegan Chickie to say that she had been able to book a flight to London and that she was now going to sleep because she had to be on the plane at 7am.

Of course, 7am in Paris is 4pm here! Which meant a very very very long day of waiting, for me. Every minute seemed like an eternity. Every Chicklet activity seemed to take only five minutes to complete. The more I looked at the clock, the more frustrated I was that time was plodding along so slowly.

Even having Chicklet to care for, did not help keep me occupied enough to make the time move any quicker.

Finally, at 6.20pm I received a text to say that she had "landed in London - next step Dubai"

Funny, I really believed that knowing she was out of Paris, it would help me relax, but it had no affect at all. My stress levels are still peaking and now, I can only hope that when she lands in Australia, I will feel more relaxed.

Meanwhile, my little possum, who knows nothing of what has happened, is having a very restless night. She was sound asleep at 7pm, but woke at 9pm and I carried her back to bed and sat with her til she fell back to sleep, but has just now climbed into my bed at 10pm. She is very unsettled and has a bit of a cough, so I hope she's not coming down with anything.

We stayed at home all day today, watching both of the new dvds, coloring in and making some sea creature masks, we drew some pictures of Poppy Barry being afraid of crocodiles and spiders .. even one with a crocodile eating his shoe! We played catch outside for a little while and then came inside and sang happy birthday to Choco the dog (a stuffed toy bigger than Chicklet .. bought for her by Bubbles during her last visit) and we ate half a dozen of the runny chocolate brownies to celebrate.

Dadu came home for his work break for an hour and Chicklet played with him for that time.

We had a bath, ate dinner while we watched the second half of Open Season (we watched the first half a few days ago) and then we climbed into bed for story time.

Dadu has now arrived home from work and is with Chicklet in her bedroom. She may end up in his bed tonight I dare say. Perhaps she ate too many runny chocolate brownies today! Or perhaps she can sense that we are 'on edge'.

Adoring Husband suffered through some nasty storms at home today and was even called out with the SES to help people with damage.

I'm feeling very tired tonight and it's almost 11pm so I think I will try to get some sleep.

Safe travelling Vegan Chickie xo

Nite all.

No comments: