Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Vegan Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cupcakes

For my birthday, Vegan Chickie, The Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet gave me a a book called "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero.

This afternoon, I baked my first vegan cupcakes using a recipe from this book.  Cookies and cream chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate icing with almonds and topped with a mini Oreo.

Easily the most delicious cupcake that I have EVER baked.  So rich that it's impossible to eat too many. I ate two and felt like I'd eaten a dozen!!

Cookies and cream chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate icing with whole almonds and topped with a mini Oreo
I just can't wait to try another recipe out of the book and I think I might take some of the chocolate cupcakes down to the Seat of Knowledge tomorrow and share them with the boys.

This will give me the perfect excuse to bake up a new batch tomorrow!  Perhaps the carrot cupcakes, coconut & lime cupcakes or peanut butter cupcakes!  Decisions, decisions!

Of the hundred or so recipe books that I have, it could very easily slide into my top five!  I can't wait to share them with people who think that any food with the word 'vegan' attached must taste bad!

THE PROOF WILL BE IN THE PUDDING!

Such indulgence!  It almost feels sinful!  Adoring Husband said to me after his first cupcake "You couldn't eat more than one.  They are too rich".  Ten minutes later, he walked into the lounge room with a saucer holding two more, which he gobbled down faster than I could blink!

Tomorrow, I will share with you the next indulgent episode of cupcake mania, and I would appreciate it if we all understood the fact that they are vegan, which makes them SUPER healthy!

The author's decision is final!  No correspondence will be entered into!

No comments: